Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth often begin to develop in a person’s mouth between the ages of 17 and 25. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people who have wisdom teeth coming in don’t have adequate room in their mouth to properly hold the new larger molars. For this reason, wisdom teeth can cause a lot of pain, inflammation and even infection if they are left in a mouth that obviously has little room for them to come in properly.
When is Wisdom Tooth Removal Needed?
It is recommended that you have your wisdom teeth out if they are causing you pain, discomfort, infection or are coming in at an angle at which prevents them from properly erupting in the mouth. When it comes to wisdom teeth, the earlier in life that you have them taken out, the fewer complications you will have.
Who is a Good Candidate for Wisdom Tooth Removal?
An examination and series of x-rays will be taken to determine if your wisdom teeth should be removed. There are several reasons for why it might be recommended that your wisdom teeth be removed and these include:
- You’re experiencing pain due to your wisdom teeth coming in
- Your wisdom teeth are causing overcrowding
- You have dealt with infection and inflammation due to wisdom teeth coming in
- The wisdom teeth are erupting at a weird angle that could cause future dental-related problems
- Your dentist has recommended to have your wisdom teeth removed
If you need to have your wisdom teeth removed, contact us today!