Dentistry For Children
Dentistry is incredibly important for people of all ages, but it is especially crucial for children, toddlers and infants. It is recommended that kids first start going to the dentist when their first tooth comes in, however, it’s not uncommon for most parents to bring their kids to the dentist for the first time around the child’s second birthday.
Why is Dentistry so Important for Children?
Children’s dentistry is important for several reasons. Understanding these reasons will encourage you to make it a habit to bring your child to the dentist regularly.
- Regular dental visits check for signs of decay
- The dentist can monitor tooth development and oral changes
- Routine preventative care appointments help to keep your child’s mouth clean and stain-free
- Dental visits encourage and educate your child on how to care for their teeth
- Dentists can help with advising when orthodontic care is needed
How Often Should Children Go to the Dentist?
It is recommended that your child visit the dentist at least twice a year for their bi-annual preventative care appointments. These appointments will often involve a cleaning, exam, x-rays and educational advice to help with caring for their teeth. Further appointments may be needed if decay is found or if other procedures are needed. By bringing your child to the dentist regularly, it ensures that they are receiving the care that they need while also implementing the importance of routine dental visits.
If your children are in need of a dentist, contact us today!